Procedimento fornito da HostMonster per il reset della password di un sito WordPress da cPanel:
You can reset the WordPress’s password through your cPanel
1) Open the phpMyAdmin tool and select the database on the left-hand side.
If you do not know the database’s name, return to the cPanel and select the File Manager icon. Navigate to the directory where the WordPress script is installed. Select the ‘wp-config.php’ file and click the Edit button along the top to view the name.
2) Select the Users table in the left-hand side. Along top in main body, click on the Browse tab. You should be able to see under the user_login the word admin.
3a) Click on the pencil icon and edit the password field…
- Then click the drop-down under the Function column and select MD5.
- Lastly, click Go. Your password is now changed. As this removes password salting, I recommend changing your password again in the WordPress Dashboard. While not strictly necessary, it is a security boost.
3b) View or edit the email field…
- Change email, if desired.
- Return to the WordPress admin’s login page and click the Lost your Password? link and retrieve new password from that email account.